National Institute of Science, Technology and Development Studies (NISTADS)
The National Institute of Science, Technology and Development Studies (NISTADS), New Delhi, has signed an MoU with the Institute of Policy and Management (IPM), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), P.R. China on 29 July 2005.
NISTADS and IPM have agreed to cooperate as follows:
- To collaborate in research on science, technology and development policy where this seems desirable and when the available resources permit. Such collaboration may include activities resulting in joint output, research consultations, and the holding of seminars and meetings.
- To exchange information and researchers for short and longer term periods where such exchange appears desirable and when resources permit.
- To undertake other activities as agreed by both organizations
The program of collaboration will be for the period of three years, starting on July 30, 2005. This may be extended, subject to review by both parties at the end of the period.
NISTADS has signed an MOU with the Faculty Art, Design and (FADA), University of Johannesburg, South Africa with the following objectives and modalities:
To conduct studies on selected groups/communities with a view to understanding and delineating the traditional systems of knowledge bases and the possibilities to blend these knowledge systems with modern scientific and technological systems.
- Identify and involve a core group of researchers from both institutions to act as the coordinating body in implementing the studies and project.
- Networking with the academic and trade/craft bodes will be established in both the countries to inventory the extant literature, map the location of communities/groups, assess the current capabilities/techniques used etc.
- Undertake studies using survey and case study approach to document the current practices, knowledge bases and to explore the possible areas of intervention.
- Organise joint workshops involving researchers from both the countries, stakeholders and other interested persons/organizations.
- Compile and publish the result of the studies through both print media and electronic media.
- Design and develop a new web site to host it on the Internet for wider dissemination of information and feedback from cyber visitors or else use the existing web sites of the two aforementioned institutions.
- Organise exchanges through visits to either country for the purpose of advancing research and development.
- Identify agencies, which could help design and implement technological interventions to enhance the production/productivities through action research.
- Enlarge the scope of such studies and action research by extending to other areas in both countries as well as countries outside the present framework.
- Evolve a group to further the cause of artisans by sensitizing the public or/and policy makers.
- Any profits accruing out of data/publication/web site, product development (applied design) or any other intellectual property jointly generated would be equally shared between the two institutions.
- In case of any dispute/disagreement/misunderstanding the decision of the two signatories would be final.
- During the period when this present MoU is in place the two institutions may further explore areas on mutual interest and jointly carry out research/projects in such areas.
This MoU shall be effective for an initial period of two years from the date of its execution; it may be extended automatically with the mutual consent of the two institutions. This MoU may be cancelled at any time by one of the parties at six months notice.