Areas: For activities in all scientific disciplines and fields of research.
Eligibility criteria :The Leading House South Asia and Iran accepts grant applications solely from applicants who are permanent residents of Switzerland and have an employment contract with a federal or cantonal university, university of applied sciences or university of teachers’ education in Switzerland. Applicants from public research institutions (as defined in art. 5 of the Federal Act on the Promotion of Research and Innovation), are also eligible. This description defines the term “Swiss applicant”.
The Swiss applicants need to have a proposed or an ongoing research project with an institutional partner (i.e. a university or research institute recognized or accredited by the local government’s concerned authorities) in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan or Sri Lanka, or need to have a joint teaching or a joint curriculum development project with an institutional partner in one of the aforementioned countries.
The Swiss applicant’s collaborator in the concerned partner country needs to be a scientist with permanent employment or employment lasting until the end of the project with the institutional partner. The principal investigator/researcher in South Asia or Iran must be affiliated to an accredited university or a public research institute and must hold a faculty or scientist position in addition to several years of research or practical experience.
- Funding only to the Swiz Applicant for the maximum grant amount per project is 35,000 Swiss francs (Please see enclosed for clarity)
- Provision for work related institutional cost and networking/communication cost (the organisation and travel costs for conducting conferences and workshops related to the project activities) are eligible under the budget. (Please read Budget for better clarity on budget support.)
- Matching and in-kind funding
- Both the applicant and the partner institute in India are required to make in-kind (e.g. work hours, usage of office or laboratory equipment, field visits, etc.) contributions to the proposed research project.
- The Swiss applicant is required to make a financial contribution in addition to the one in-kind.
- It is recommended that the partner institute in India make a financial contribution as well. Such financial contribution can be funds of that institute and/or funds raised from funding bodies in India.
Last Date for submitting applications: 15th January 2022
Request you to read the enclosed details and more details for the application at the Link: https://www.zhaw.ch/en/research/leading-house-south-asia-and-iran/funding-instruments-leading-house-south-asia-and-iran/#c167738