Opening date : February 09, 2022
Closing Date : June 02, 2022 (12.00 Danish Time, 17.30 Indian Time)
Department: Innovation Fund Denmark (IFD), and Department of Science and Technology (DST)
Green fuels including green hydrogen Green fuels for transport and industry (Power-to-X, etc.). Solutions to convert electricity from renewable energy into products that can be used to reduce emissions from parts of the transport and industrial sectors where there are no cost-effective alternatives to fossil energy.
Projects can contribute to e.g.
- Renewables based green hydrogen production, storage and utilization
- Electrolysers and fuel cells
- Innovations on improving efficiency, boosting production capacity and finding robust, cheaper alternatives to the rare materials used in current electrolysers/fuel cells
- Support for the establishment of Gigawatt- scale electrolyser test centre.
- Manufacturing of electrolyser /fuel cell components such as membranes, stack integrators, suppliers of supporting technology and system integrators
- Standardising and automating production processes
- Distribution network for H2 transport using polymers/converting current gas distribution
- Underground H2 storage facility
- Decarbonisation of hard-to-abate industries like refineries, steel, Ammonia etc.,
- Photoelectrochemical systems for hydrogen production
- The integration of Power-to-X-systems to the energy system (e.g. sector coupling)”
Note: Please note that the call is not exclusive to these topics and is open to any other research addressing problems related to green fuels including green hydrogen.