Vigyan Suchna Bhawan, CSIR-NISCAIR Building, 14, Satsang Vihar Marg
New Delhi – 110 067
The CSIR-Traditional Knowledge Digital Library (CSIR-TKDL) Unit is engaged in the protection and preservation of India’s vast traditional knowledge present in ancient texts by converting the information into modern languages. It aims to prevent the misappropriation of Indian Systems of Medicine through patenting at the international level. CSIR-TKDL Unit is a unit under the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), an autonomous body with the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (Ministry of Science and Technology). Applications are invited from qualified candidates (Indian nationals) who meet the necessary educational and work requirements to work on project titled “Modernization and upgradation of Information Technology infrastructure of Traditional Knowledge Digital Library Unit” (MLP0003). The engagement is purely on temporary and contract basis. The engagement shall be initially up to 31 March 2022 and maximum until 31 March 2023, i.e., co-terminus with the project. The extension of tenure of any project staff beyond 31 March 2022 will be subject to review by a Review Committee at the end of each year or earlier, as deemed necessary. The location of the project activities will be as indicated in the table below. Details of posts, eligibilities are as under:
|Post||Qualification and desirable skills||No. of positions||Posting location*|
|Project Associate-II (Information Technology)
|Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or equivalent;
(ii) 2 years’ experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or Science and Technology Organisations and Scientific activities and services
*Delhi: Vigyan Suchna Bhawan, 14, Satsang Vihar Marg, Spl. Institutional Area, New Delhi – 110067
No of positions:02**
**CSIR-TKDL will make a panel of waitlisted candidates to fill vacancies in near future. Such panel will be valid for one year from date of notification of result, or until project completion, whichever is earlier.
For Project Associate – II
- Rs. 35,000/-+HRA to scholars who are selected through (a) National Eligibility Tests – CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or (b) A selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions
- Rs. 28,000/-+HRA for others who do fall under (i) above
Age Limit: 35 years. The above age limits are relaxable for candidates of statutory groups as per CSIR/Govt. of India instructions on the subject.
Preference will be given to those with proficiency in applicable languages, computers and commonly used software
- The date of interview will be communicated separately.
- The candidates must remain available from 9:30 AM onwards on the day of interview and may be called any time.
- All interested candidates shall fill up the form online available at www.csir.res.in.
- Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post need to apply separately for each position.
- Incomplete applications or applications received through any other mode will not be accepted.
- Candidates must fulfil the essential criteria and other stipulated criteria as on 26 October 2021.
- In case of selection, the information provided by the candidate in the form will be verified from original documents. In case of any information being found incorrect or false, the offer of engagement is liable to be cancelled.
- If currently employed, then the candidate will have to furnish no-objection certificate from the current employer at the time of application.
- The engagement which is on contract basis in respect of all above positions will confer no rights on the candidates, whatsoever, implicitly and / or explicitly for their continuation beyond tenure/ absorption/ regularization in CSIR. Contract may be terminated at any time at a notice of one month from either side or one month stipend in lieu thereof.
- Project staff would be governed by the Guidelines relating to engagement of project staff in CSIR Projects including NMITLI projects, OLP/MLP, Contract R&D and non-CSIR funded Projects issued by CSIR vide OM No. 4/CMG/2020-TMDII dated 13 August 2020 and 09 March 2021.
- The posting location may change at any time during the duration of the project as per requirement.
- The project staff may be required to travel as per need.
- Reservation (SC/ST/OBC/PwD) will be applicable as per CSIR/Govt. of India instructions on the subject.
- Head, CSIR-TKDL Unit reserves the right to increase/ decrease the number of positions and also cancel the recruitment process for the positions mentioned above at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The decision of the Head, CSIR-TKDL Unit will be final and binding for engagement of above positions.
- Canvassing in any form will render the candidate disqualified.