The international scientific and technological collaboration activities, both bilateral and multilateral, are pursued through the following modes:
- Exchange of scientists, research scholars and specialists for the purpose of research, training, consultation and exchange of expertise.
- Organization of bilateral scientific and technical seminars / workshops / conferences and courses on problems of mutual interest to both countries.
- Joint identification of scientific and technical problems, formulation and implementation of joint research programs in select areas of science and technology. Exchange of knowledge, expertise and know-how resulting from the collaborative programs.
- Setting up of joint ventures, joint laboratories or pilot stations.
- Conducting joint studies.
- Exchange of scientific and technical information and documentation.