Mandate of CPD
The Directorate is the nerve center of CSIR Hqrs. which is mandated to facilitate the overall CSIR Budgeting & Planning activities for CSIR with inputs from various divisions, directorate, CSIR laboratories/ units and other stakeholders. The directorate also has a responsibility to act as a bridge between CSIR and Finance Ministry, Parliament and other key establishments of Government of India.
The specific activities assigned to the directorate are as follows:
- Overall budgeting and planning for CSIR with inputs from other divisions, directorates, CSIR laboratories/ units and other stakeholders;
- Preparation of background papers for allocation of financial resources in consultation with Heads of other Directorates and FA, CSIR and release of funds with the approval of DG, CSIR;
- Preparation of required background papers for Demands for Grants and notes for Parliament Standing Committee;
- Interaction with Finance Ministry, Central and State ministries, Government Departments, NITI AYOG, Parliament and other key establishments of Government of India as and when required;
- CSIR Labs Research Council;
- Activities related to Facility Creation Project and CSIR Unit Projects;
- Financial resource management related to NCP/ FBR projects, CSIR-HARIT program, Facility Creation and TRL upgradation projects;
- Parliament matters relating to above mentioned activities:
- Policy matters pertaining to the above activities; and
- Any other activity as assigned by DG, CSIR from time to time.